Thursday 27 September 2012

About Self-Portrait

Well, this would be my first individual blog post and it's for my CTS class assignment.

What I am going to talk today is about self-portrait. I am pretty sure a lot of you have done a self-portrait once in your life time, especially when you're living in a time where everyone has a camera phone and taking a photo of yourself is as easy as breathing.

For me, self portrait comes in many types, it can be photographed, drawn, painted or even sculptured. It can be used to record a certain time or express your feelings. 

By looking at the painting above, painted by Frida Kahlo, you can approximately know that it was painted very long ago. Self-portrait is also a very good way to keep a certain memory of someone you do not wish to forget.

Nowadays, self-portrait is being photographed more rather than being drawn, and here are some of the examples of photographed self-portrait that I've taken a look on and found it interesting.




This is some of the collage that I found and I find it quite unique. It gives u freedom on how you want to edit, place or design your photograph. As you can see, you can also add more than one photograph in a photo and it gives your more choices on how you want to be expressed. 

will you focus on the unique shoes if it was not a collage?
or the details of the camera?
Other than that, collage also helps you focus on the different aspects of the photo rather than focusing on one point.

No comments:

Post a Comment